We value all the people who has made tremendous impact to the community and society. Therefore, please help us recognise them and nominate for the award.
By recognising the achievements of women of Chinese ethnicity, we promote the role models for our community and inspire the young generation to reach their full potential .
- All women of Chinese ethnicity in the UK are eligible to be nominated.
- There is no age restriction.
- One can self-nominate herself for any of the awards.
- Potential to be the future talent and role model in general or a specific sector.
- Nominees are willing to give back to society and support the Chinese community.
- Nominees have made a significant achievement in their field or British society.
- Nominees have made a substantial contribution to the Chinese community in the UK.
- Chinese Woman of the Year
An award to the most accomplished Chinese woman
- Chinese Woman in Entrepreneurship
An award to acknowledge Chinese women’s contribution to entrepreneurship.
Chinese Woman Role Model
An award to acknowledge positive role models of Chinese women.
- Chinese Woman in Tech
An award to acknowledge Chinese women’s contribution to technology.
- Chinese Woman in Creative Industry Award
An award to the most accomplished Chinese woman in art, publishing, visual and other creative industries.
An award to acknowledge volunteers who have helped the development of UKCWC and helped Chinese women in the UK.
- Chinese Woman in Finance Award
An award to acknowledge Chinese women’s contribution to Finance.
- Chinese Woman in Business Award
An award to the most accomplished Chinese woman in businesses, including large organisations and SMEs.
- Chinese Woman in Public Sector Award
An award to the most accomplished Chinese woman in academics, education, healthcare, politics and other public sectors.
- The most supportive organisation to UKCWC
An award to acknowledge the support UKCWC received from organisations
Timeline & Judges
UKCWC Awards Timeline
By 31/12/2022, all nominations will be submitted online.
By 15/01/2023, the selection of shortlisted will be finalised by the judging panel.
By 20/01/2023, the winners will be finalised by the judging panel.
The Judging panel
- Mei Sim Lai, OBE, Honorary Secretary of the City Branch of the Institute of Directors.
- Dr Kevin Lin, OBE, Managing Director of FL Communications Ltd, Senior Adviser International, Coutts.
- Professor Chris Lowe, OBE, Fellow of Trinity College, University of Cambridge, and a fellow of the Royal Society of Engineering.
- Dr Hong Lu, OBE, Deputy Director of LSE .
- Sheela Mackintosh-Stewart, Founder of iFamiliesuk.com.
- Lopa Patel, MBE, Chair of Diversity UK.
- Professor Peng Xiao, London South Bank University James .
- Stewart, CBE, Managing Partner, Menlo Partner LLP .
- Faustina Yang, Community Specialist, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust .
- Professor JinHan Zeng, Academic Director of China Engagement, University of Lancaster
- Anyone can make a nomination. Please click here to nominate.
- Please select the particular award you would like to make a nomination.
- You can nominate one person for multiple awards.
- Please provide your contact email and the nominee’s contact email so we can contact you for the nomination.
- Once the nomination is submitted, we will email an information form to the nominee to request information such as a CV and their statements.
- All the nominations must be submitted online by 31 December 2022.
- All the nominee’s information must be received no later than 5th January 2023.
- The judging panel will review all the information and have a meeting to decide by 15th January 2023.
- All the finalists will be invited to the award ceremony and the Chinese New Year Gala Dinner. Check here for more details about the Gala Dinner